Inspiring Communities began providing diabetes education services in January 2016. We are proud to be fully recognized by the CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP) and the American Diabetes Association for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program (DSMES). We currently offer both programs.
Inspiring Communities Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP):
A 22-session program designed to help you make lifestyle changes to prevent type 2 diabetes. The program is delivered virtually, in 1-hour sessions. You can be empowered and make realistic goals with a trained lifestyle change coach while having fun discussions.
During the first six months, meet with your coach for 16 sessions
• Learn ways to eat healthy and add more physical activity into your day
• Manage and lose weight
• Get support from other group members
• Make lasting lifestyle changes while working with a certified lifestyle coach
• Find ways to manage stress, stay motivated, and solve problems that can get in the way of your goals
During the last six months, meet for just 6 monthly sessions to:
• Continue to set and meet your goals
• Stay motivated
• Continue to manage stress and challenges
• Continue weight management
Inspiring Communities Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program (DSMES):
A 5-week program designed to teach self-management tools that can help take control of your diabetes and delay or prevent complications. Our workshops are very interactive and engaging. If you have never attended a workshop to learn how to live a healthier lifestyle with diabetes, this workshop is for you!
Workshops include 2-hour virtual group sessions over 5 weeks.
If you have a referral from your provider that’s great! If not, we will contact your provider on your behalf and request the form. We will answer any questions or concerns when we contact you.
During the 5 weeks we will cover topics to help you take control of your Diabetes such as:
• Understanding the human body
• Understanding diabetes and its risk factors
• Monitoring your body
• Get up and move -Physical activity-
• Health management through meal planning
• Diabetes complications: identification and prevention
• Learning about medications and Medical Care
• Living with diabetes: mobilizing family and friends
• Action plans, personal goals, resources